Newly released, Carlson Civil 2017 provides enhanced Civil features and support for AutoCAD® 2017 and the upgraded IntelliCAD®8.2. Carlson Civil is a complete civil engineering software featuring ‘Fair Price. Full CAD. Free Support!’
Joining past focus on 3D features and enhanced collaboration options are a new Cut/Fill Movement Analysis command, which allows users to compare two surfaces and determine the optimized cut and fill for the site and provides reports by the distance moved, allowing users to analyze which equipment to use, such as dozers for shorter distances, shovel and trucks for longer distances.
Another top enhancement in Carlson Civil 2017 is the ability to create a curb ramp out of 3D polylines – the program adjusts the polylines to fit in the ramp to your specifications. Other top features that are in all Carlson 2017 releases include the Carlson Community for sharing files with other Carlson users; the new “Supersonic” 3D Viewer for loading surfaces that provides excellent graphic presentations; an improved Report Formatter; and a new command for importing MSWord documents and dynamically link them to drawings. See more Civil 2017 feature updates.
Carlson Civil users have an extensive selection of analysis and design tools at their fingertips, including these favorites:
- Road NETwork – Use it for the design of streets, highways, roadway intersections, Cul-de-Sacs, traffic circles and more!
- Lot NETwork – Design and layout of tracts of land including residential subdivisions, office parks and commercial property development projects!
- Site NETwork – Automate the tasks of subgrade design, takeoffs, cost-estimating and surface model generation and migrate this data to GPS-assisted machine control products including Carlson Grade!
- Design Pad Template – For complex grading scenarios involving foundation pads, drainage basins, parking lots and more!
- Project Setups – Flexible data and settings storage
- Data Compatibility – Supports industry stand LandXML, plus specific data conversion
- Draw Standard Items: Create common CAD entities with pre-defined properties
- Settings Explorer: Manage all program settings from single interface
- Settings Libraries: setup tables for symbols, layers, road templates, etc.
- Data Depot: Document management for workgroups and archiving
- Project Sub-Folders: Custom controls of data folders by type
Carlson 2017 with IntelliCAD 8.2, Carlson 2016 with IntelliCAD 8.1 and later
Compatible with 32 or 64 bit Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10
For hardware requirements, see Carlson 2013-2015* below
Carlson 2013-2015* with IntelliCAD 7.2 and later
*Starting with 2013 build 130120
Intel® Pentium® 4 or comparable (minimum), Intel i7 or at least Intel i5 or comparable (recommended). Due to the variety of processors on the market, one can use cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php to do comparative analysis. While the overall processor score matters, the single thread performance is of the most interest.
- 32-bit Windows 7-8.1: 1 gigabyte (GB) of RAM minimum for, 4 GB recommended.
- 64-bit Windows 7-8.1: 2 GB of RAM minimum for, 8+ GB recommended.
- Windows Vista: 1 GB of RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended.
- Windows XP: 512 megabytes (MB) of RAM minimum, 2 GB recommended.
Graphics card compatible with OpenGL Version 1.4 or higher:
- Recommended are desktop graphics level discrete (not integrated cards like Intel HD) graphics cards.
- Preferably Nvidia Geforce due to their more consistent driver support.
- Discrete ATI/AMD cards will be adequate, but ATI’s driver support has been spotty and user is frequently deferred to the computer manufacturer for support.
- Professional Nvidia Quadro cards are not currently recommended due to driver issues.
- Powerful gaming cards are not required and probably would not provide as much benefit as investment in more memory or better CPU
Carlson 2012 and earlier with IntelliCAD 7.1 and 6.x based products
- Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7
- Intel Pentium® or more powerful processor
- 64-bit machines are supported, but application itself is 32-bit
- 1 GB RAM (minimum), 4 GB recommended (for complex drawings)
- 400 MB of free hard disk space (1.2 GB Total, see Note above)