As the number one office solution for surveyors in the U.S., the Carlson Survey 2017 release continues its development of survey features based on customer requests. The versatile and popular surveying software solution works like a surveyor thinks. Check out what’s new under “Recent Improvements” below.
Carlson Survey is designed for use for land surveying. It provides a full toolkit for surveyors with everything from network least squares to surface modeling. Users get the ability to work seamlessly between the office and the field and they can establish company-wide design styles to ease and speed their work.
Built on AutoCAD and IntelliCAD
Carlson Survey will run in AutoCAD® as well as AutoCAD® Map, Land Desktop and Civil3D and also on IntelliCAD.
Flexible data storage methods
Fix common drafting errors
Handy tools for working in AutoCAD® such as Join Nearest, Shrinkwrap Entities, Polyline Utilities, Drawing Inspector, Layer Inspector and Twist Screen
Supports industry standard LandXML and scores of specific data conversions
Carlson 2017 with IntelliCAD 8.2, Carlson 2016 with IntelliCAD 8.1 and later
- Compatible with 32 or 64 bit Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10
- For hardware requirements, see Carlson 2013-2015* below
Carlson 2013-2015* with IntelliCAD 7.2 and later
*Starting with 2013 build 130120
Intel® Pentium® 4 or comparable (minimum), Intel i7 or at least Intel i5 or comparable (recommended). Due to the variety of processors on the market, one can use cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php to do comparative analysis. While the overall processor score matters, the single thread performance is of the most interest.
- 32-bit Windows 7-8.1: 1 gigabyte (GB) of RAM minimum for, 4 GB recommended.
- 64-bit Windows 7-8.1: 2 GB of RAM minimum for, 8+ GB recommended.
- Windows Vista: 1 GB of RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended.
- Windows XP: 512 megabytes (MB) of RAM minimum, 2 GB recommended.
Graphics card compatible with OpenGL Version 1.4 or higher:
- Recommended are desktop graphics level discrete (not integrated cards like Intel HD) graphics cards.
- Preferably Nvidia Geforce due to their more consistent driver support.
- Discrete ATI/AMD cards will be adequate, but ATI’s driver support has been spotty and user is frequently deferred to the computer manufacturer for support.
- Professional Nvidia Quadro cards are not currently recommended due to driver issues.
- Powerful gaming cards are not required and probably would not provide as much benefit as investment in more memory or better CPU
Carlson 2012 and earlier with IntelliCAD 7.1 and 6.x based products
- Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7
- Intel Pentium® or more powerful processor
- 64-bit machines are supported, but application itself is 32-bit
- 1 GB RAM (minimum), 4 GB recommended (for complex drawings)
- 400 MB of free hard disk space (1.2 GB Total, see Note above)