Magnetic locator offers durable one-handed operation that's 100% waterproof
The ML-3 is a much-anticipated and welcome addition to the ML family of magnetic locators from SSI. ML-3 magnetic locators represent the best in innovation at work for the water/sewer industry, surveying industry and military.
That's because the ML-3 reflects many of the items on our customers' technological wish lists.
- IP68 Certified: Waterproof tested to depths up to 250ft.
- Weight: 1.8 lbs including batteries
- Overall length: 40 inches
- Audio: Speaker pitch increases in frequency proportional to field intensity.
- Visual: LCD display with bar graph indicating polarity and relative strength of signal.
- Input Power: Three standard 9-volt alkaline batteries
The ML-3 short is 40" to meet surveyors' personal preference, providing an ergonomic, lightweight, rugged, one-handed operation option to traditional magnetic locators. The ML-3 offers unparalleled durability, as all components are housed inside the aircraft-grade aluminum monotube units.
But don't let its looks fool you. The ML-3S is 100 percent waterproof, IP68 certified up to 250 feet - a first for the industry - so it can be used in difficult weather and submerged under water. Plus, its auto-zero feature allows the user to "cancel" ambient magnetics or magnetic gradient in the soil or water. And it's digitally tuned, so it offers unparalleled accuracy in detecting ferromagnetic objects.
Made in the USA and comes with a 7 Year Warranty!
ML-3 Locate by Fence Strategy Brochure
ML-3 Spec Sheet
- ML-3 Magnetic Locator
- Soft-pack custom case
- Instruction manual
- 1 set of 9-volt batteries